Sunday, April 18, 2010

VirtualBox tweaks after Windows 7 upgrade

After performing an upgrade to Windows 7 this weekend, I noticed a couple of issues on my new Windows 7 (64bit) install.

I found that the Virtualbox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter issue (as described here http://johnsonyip.com/wordpress/2010/02/02/fix-virtualbox-host-only-ethernet-adapter-error-in-device-manager-for-windows-in-4-steps/) was exhibited. Thanks for the fellow blogger for the resolution.

Also, I found that the service for the Sun, VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver was removed during the upgrade. I was able to reinstall the service/driver by adding it to the NIC properties (Choose Install, Service, Sun, VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver, then browse to your Program Files, Sun, VirtualBox, drivers folders and find the file it is looking for.

Following the installation of the VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver, I was able to set my VM back to bridged for the machine's network adapter settings.

1 comment:

Johnson Yip said...

Thanks for the help on the Bridge Service for VirtualBox tutorial.